Monday, January 10, 2011

In The News

I have been a Carolina Panthers faithful for as long as I can remember; however it has always been a struggle, not because of the ups and downs of each season (which were struggles) but because I have never lived in a close proximity to North Carolina. Therefore I have always had to rely on the internet to really stay up to date on what is going on with the Carolina Panthers. With the regular season coming to a close, there are very few teams that are making headlines these days, one of them is Carolina.

Who will be the next head coach? Who will the Panthers take as the number 1 pick? What players are getting re-signed? Which players will they trade? What are they going to do on the Free Agency Market? What picks will they trade up for or down for? What is Jerry Richardson having for breakfast?

Okay, so they may not be talking about that last one, but I love all the coverage. So what should the Panthers do with their Number 1 pick? Andrew Luck is out, is AJ Green the best option at this point? I know that AJ Green is a great athlete but I feel like that adding an additional rookie into the mix with our current young receiving core, would not help our situation at this time. I believe that Jimmy Clausen has a pretty good connection with B.LaFell and D.Gettis, and by adding Green, it would not benefit the team as much as working on our lines.

Well from my previous post you can see that I believe our biggest hole on the team is the Offensive Line. However that being said there are a few players that I believe we should take a took at for the first overall pick.

CB - Patrick Peterson
DT - Marcell Dareus
DE - Da'Quan Bowers
CB - Prince Amukamara
DE - Robert Quinn
DT - Nick Fairley
OG - Rodney Hudson

I would also like them to look into:

OG - Orlando Franklin
C - Stefan Wisniewski
C - Kristofer O'Dowd

The nice thing about the Offensive Line, is I think you could get a couple good/key players in some of the later rounds. Currently Carolina has Round 1: Pick 1, NO Round 2 Picks, Round 3: Pick 65, Round 4: Pick 97, Round 5: Pick 129, Round 6: Pick 161, Round 7: Pick 193. This does not take into consideration of any kind of compensation picks that we will receive. I believe that you will see some trades take place in order to receive a few more picks. That being said, it should be interesting to see what happens once the CBA is signed. According to Jerry Richardson, the checks will be flowing after this happens to bring key personnel to Carolina. Let's hope so.

In the mean time, GO PANTHERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment